Tuesday 19 April 2016

English Cherry Blossom by Shay & Blue


Today I am wearing English Cherry Blossom by Shay & Blue.

I braced myself for so many perfumes that claim to smell like cherry just smell like Calpol medicine to me.

But I’m pleased to tell you that not so English Cherry Blossom, this one smells of the skin of black cherries with some pretty flowers thrown into the mix.

It’s pretty and light.

The opening is bergamot and mandarin so it is light and uplifting for starters.  Black cherry notes are threaded throughout the perfume with cherry blossom and the fruit itself, culminating in black cherry wood to give this perfume a pink cherry cherry cherry aroma right into the dry down.

To keep it pretty, we find honeysuckle and iris at its heart for a floral boost with a little fig and cassis for a fruit one.

It works.  I conjure up images of cherry trees in blossom, warmth on my skin from the first flush of spring sunshine, hope and anticipation that Spring truly has sprung…



No comments: