Sunday 15 November 2015

White Patchouli by Tom Ford



Today I am wearing White Patchouli by Tom Ford.

I love patchouli.  Its glorious wet leaves bogginess adds so much depth and complexity to a perfume that it is one I often reach for when formulating.

Tom Ford has somehow manipulated the patchouli into something more culinary than woody, it is edible and sweet.  I am tempted to lick my wrist.

Laced with florals of peony, jasmine, rose and other white flowers there is a distinct floral layer, but that isn’t want makes me want to lick the spoon.  Also included in my mixing bowl is coriander and ambrette seed (oh and a little bergamot) giving it a clean, appetising, enticing aspect.

It isn’t as powerful as other Tom Ford perfumes and lacks the hearty oomph, but it still turns heads, lingers and I’m frequently asked what I’m wearing when sporting this one.

If you don’t enjoy patchouli you’ll probably bypass this perfume – but quite undeservedly.  The patchouli is tame, beaten into submission by the other ingredients.  Perhaps you should take a punt on this one and see if we can get you to rethink your patchouli aversion.

Are you a Patchouli lover or a hater?

No comments: