Wednesday 7 October 2015

No. 10 Lemongrass and Neroli by Rituals


Today I am wearing No. 10 Lemongrass and Neroli by Rituals.

Why am I wearing this?  Lemongrass and I have long ago fallen out and try as I am, I’m afraid the olfactory revulsion for lemongrass is still apparent (it started over 6 years ago with a leaking bottle…).

For anyone that loves lemongrass then hopefully this will be a scent you’ll want to try.  Ignore everything I write until the * a bit further down….

The lemongrass is partnered with grapefruit to further boost the dirty, bitter citrus element, but it is when the neroli sticks its head above the pulpit that the perfume becomes softer, less hostile and harsh making it possible more palatable.

The woody notes limp in trying to give the scent a more mature dry down but too late I fear, the lemongrass is so tenacious that it just won’t go, no matter how hard we shake the a piece of wood at it.  I need to go and scrub my wrists with wire wool.

OK, let me be fair, lemongrass prejudices set aside for a moment.

* If you like the smell of Thai food then there’s an appeal to this perfume.  

This perfume is fresh with a dirty twist, the citrus is bitter and edgy whilst the introduction of neroli gives the perfume an interesting slightly feminine bent (it is sold as a man’s scent).  The woods try hard to make an appearance but the tenacity of the lemongrass doesn’t give it much of a chance to change the perfume.

Citrus perfumes are fresh and feisty but notoriously quick to fade.  Not so this one, this one hangs around poking me in the ribs and reminding me it is here. 

Wire wool, hot water and towels are ready….


No comments: