Friday 19 February 2016

Ponte Vecchio by Nobile 1942


Today I am wearing Ponte Vecchio by Nobile 1942.

My nose picks out violets at 100 yards and violets are what I’ve found.  I’ve always believed I had a bad relationship with violets and there isn’t much here to make me feel that the relationship has improved.

But of course looking at the suggested ingredients, there are no violets in here so my nose is playing tricks on me.

What we do have is a melting pot of mandarin, bergamot, grapefruit, geranium, orris, ylang ylang, rosewood, patchouli, sandalwood, vetiver and frankincense.  No violet and yet my nose is twitching….

Described as ‘classic and noble’ this masculine scent is green, harsh (in a good way), fresh and…what, what do I have here, what has happened?  The violet has given way to celery - yes the scent on my skin is now tinged with celery.  Violet no more, it has given way to celery.

I know that if I persevered the celery would disappear like the violet, but now I wonder what I will be left with….  Lions cage?   Telephone box?   Conductors armpit?  I just don’t know, but as I wasn’t expecting either violet or celery, anything could happen.  Am I that daring today?


Time to wash the old bridge off I think…..


No comments: