Thursday 21 January 2016

Coeur de Noir by Beaufort London



It’s Perfume Thursday and this week we have been wearing another perfume by Beaufort (see yesterday’s ‘Today I am wearing…’ post) – Coeur de Noir.

This Beaufort perfume is also on the ship theme – but no cannons and gunpowder this time.  We are in a quieter, calmer ship and studying the ship’s previous voyages.

The aroma is attempting to conjure up huge leather bound books that I imagine are filled with inky sketches outlying the travels and journeys across the seas, and sketches of yachts and other seafaring vessels.  The smell of leather, paper and ink liberally adorn my wrist and the back of my hand.  I also detect spiced rum, tobacco and something medicinal (courtesy of the sweet birch, our smell of the week)

It is a little one dimensional and doesn’t change much on the skin with pipe tobacco being the overriding aroma.  Elaine said it reminds her of the aroma of pubs before smoking was banned – tobacco mingled with rum, whisky and other spirits.  It has a comforting air about it, but sadly not one that we’d want to spray on your neck before going out.

Although we didn’t feel it changed much during it’s time on our skin, 5 hours later I only have the fleeting scent of vanilla, that’s all that’s left of it.  I like that bit best.


No comments: