Monday 25 January 2016

Bas de Soie by Serge Lutens



Today I am wearing Bas de Soie by Serge Lutens.

I adore my relationship with Serge perfumes.  I spray and then I usually fall in love.  This one translates to silk stockings, l wonder if I will love this too.

I have sprayed and….yes, I’ve fallen in love.  The perfume is rich and strong and uncurls on my skin enveloping me in a lavish smoky floral.  Hyacinth holds its head up as the floral, but no feminine big floral since it is entwined with musk and orris giving it a tinge of behind the dressing table perfumed  dustiness. 

Galbanum and spicy peppery notes add an interesting layer to the perfume both superb in their own right.  But this perfume isn’t galbanum-pea pod-green nor peppery-spicy-sharp, it is soft and powdery without feeling vintage or old fashioned.

The aroma is now flat and has unfurled to create a simple layer.  It’s good, it is staying exactly as I want it to stay.  There’s a hint of metallic pebble about it and I imagine it smells like a warm stone.  
 
From silk stockings to warm stones, I’m not sure how Mr Lutens would feel about that transition.

No comments: