Thursday 19 November 2015

Tardes by Carner Barcelona



Today I am wearing Tardes by Carner Barcelona.

Creamy, hay-like and sweet with notes of almond and antiseptic.

Gosh – that probably doesn’t sound too thrilling does it, but actually it works in some kind of weird fashion.

I was slightly perplexed when I read the blurb since it boasts middle notes of plum and celery. I can’t say that it made me grab the bottle and squirt liberally, but since it is our perfume of the week and I pulled the name out of the hat, I had to give it a try.

To support the plum and celery we have almond, geranium, rose, tonka, heliotrope (our aroma of the week), cedarwood and musk. The tonka gives it the creamy hay element but almond is the real player here. Outside the tonka and almond, I’m not sure any of the other smells get a look in. But the fact that I can’t detect the celery is a blessing.

Inspired by a walk through fields of wheat and almond glades whilst taking in the late summer sunshine I imagine that Daniela Andrier (the nose) is pleased with the result because wheat (ok, hay!) and almonds are this perfume. The summer sunshine, nope I’m not getting that. I’m trying hard, but I’m not. It could be because the rain is pelting down hard on the office window and any thought of summer is a long dream away.

It’s a little too sweet for my liking and a little too creamy, but soft almondy perfumes you will be very happy with this one.

No comments: