Sunday 22 November 2015

Noir Pour Femme by Tom Ford



Today I am wearing Noir Pour Femme by Tom Ford.

Actually I wish I wasn’t.  It’s dark, darker than dark, but I was hoping for leather, vetiver, smoke and perhaps a bit of road tar, but instead I have dark chocolate, a touch of coffee, caramel and a touch of vanilla.  Gosh, I am not ready for this.

It isn’t unpleasant, but it is sweet and edible which wasn’t what I was expecting.  I feel like I’ve just stuck my finger in a bar of melted chocolate and am debating whether to wash or lick it off such is the chocolatey aroma filling my nostrils. 

I feel I need to visit a coffee shop and ask for a triple whipped mocha espresso with an extra shot of vanilla syrup to satiate the sudden urge this perfume has given me.  Actually I smell like I have had the drink but spilt it into my lap.

The perfume also contains a range of citrus elements – mandarin, bergamot, bitter orange and orange blossom, but they never got as far as my olfactory senses before they were blown away by the chocolate.  Creamy elements from sandalwood, kulfi and vanilla help my imagination with the whipped cream topping but into the mix we can also include jasmine, rose, amber, ginger and mastic.  We can include them but we can’t smell them but of course the whole perfume wouldn’t be the same without them.


Perhaps if I knew that the barista element was going to overpower the perfume I’d have been ready for it and probably like this perfume a lot more than I do.   But my olfactory desires still demand that I wear a road tar, leather smoke concoction …..so no Noir for me today thank you Tom.


No comments: