Tuesday 24 November 2015

Boudicca Wode (Scent) by Boudicca


Today I am wearing Boudicca Wode (Scent) by Boudicca.

Amazingly this perfume comes in two styles – scent and paint.  They both are designed to be sprayed on and to fragrance your skin, but the ‘paint’ version is blue (as in woad) and sprays a temporary blue splash onto skin and clothing.

How dull am I?  I only have the scent version!

The scent is interesting - it immediately reminded me of the smell of powdered poster paint that we used at school.  It has a dry, leathery edge to it and smells relaxed and calm, matt rather than shiny, cold rather than warm, short and stubby rather than long and unwinding.  So far it hasn’t changed at all on my skin even though there are lighter notes of coriander, nutmeg, juniper, sage, saffron and cardamon with deeper, rich notes of labdanum, tonka bean, amber, musk, oakmoss, leather and tuberose.

Different, but not at all unpleasant – and isn’t it funny how our minds work.  Every time I smell this I am imagining blue.  I’m trying to imagine pink, but blue is the dominant colour that is thrown up by my olfactory translators.

No comments: