Tuesday 29 September 2015

Passion Boisee by Frapin




Today I am wearing Passion Boisee by Frapin

The last perfume by Frapin (1270) that we tried was rich in alcohol like a good rum-soaked raisin and since Frapin is an old established family run distillery in the Cognac region of France then it is of no surprise that Passion Boisee has alcoholic undertones (or even overtones) too.

Passion Boisee is a rich, fruit-cake type fragrance.  Jam-packed with spices and dried fruits I can detect nutmeg, clove, a nutty layer with some fruity elements (apparently mandarin and pineapple) and a dark layer of what I’d suggest is chocolate and coffee…with something sweet perhaps honey…it’s not vanilla though, just a subtle honied sweetness.

It’s good.  It’s languid and graceful, relaxed and unctuous, rich and deep and sensuous.   I can imagine this slowly trickling down my neck like resin out of a tree.  It’s unhurried, going nowhere fast and I’m happy with that.

No comments: