Saturday 26 September 2015

Cadjmere by Parfumerie Generale


Today I am wearing Cadjmere by Parfumerie Generale.

First impressions are that it is a very pleasant aroma.  It has warm woody notes of sandalwood, rosewood and fresh cypress wrapped up with ambrette seeds, coconut, amber and vanilla.  It claims to have tangerine as a top note I must have blinked as that has passed me by.

It is comforting and cosy and perfect for cooler autumnal weather.  It has a creamy, soft, nutty, woody element to it that is acceptable whatever the time of day.  It dries down to a soft powdery smell.  My nose is whispering to me complaining that it is a little too tame and gentle…

It doesn’t get those heart strings tugging and it doesn’t stir up any passion.  It is safe, unremarkable but comforting like a cup of hot chocolate.

I do like the name – it is a play on words and is a mix of cashmere and mere (French for Mother).   If that doesn’t invoke thoughts of softness, comfort and warmth then I don’t know what will.


No comments: