Monday 7 March 2016

Fleurs de Sel by Miller Harris


Today I am wearing Fleurs de Sel by Miller Harris.

I’m pleased to report that I like its salty tang, its fresh, lively herbal layer and its warm dry down. But somehow its wrong on me, I think it maybe too masculine. Don’t get me wrong, I love to wear some of the scents primarily designed for the male market, but this one needs to be experienced on a hot, muscular, handsome, charming man’s neck rather than on the back of my hand.

The herbal layer is made up of rosemary, clary sage, angelica and thyme although I’m certain I can detect oregano too. The floral (which was fleeting and I fear I may have missed it completely) is iris, narcissus and rose, whilst the warm dry down notes comprise leather, amber, ambrettia, oakmoss and vetiver. Salt floats around throughout the perfume giving it that sharp, fresh, seaside component.

The jury is out on this perfume. If you are male with a muscly neck, a charming nature and fancy warming up, I’m happy to spray it on you and give it another go.

*Sigh* the things we have to go through to test these perfumes properly for you…..





No comments: