Thursday 17 March 2016

Dia by Amouage



My experience with Amouage fragrances thus far has been somewhat hit and miss.  I so want to like them but they just don't seem to sit well on me, so being my first experience of this particular perfume it is with renewed hope I venture forth and liberally douse my left wrist.

Initial thoughts are that it is light and floral, quite old fashioned in some ways - a bit like a very pretty soap in the shape of a rose I would expect to find on my elderly aunt's bathroom shelf that she felt was too whimsical for everyday use, so it became a sort of ornament instead.

Described as Paris in the spring time, a powdery concoction of floral notes comes bounding at me, peony, peach and orange blossoms, rose, cyclamen and violet leaf to name a few, it is very feminine and pretty fragrance (not something I thought I'd be saying!) and robust even though it is light.

The dry down leads to more woody elements, the likes of sandalwood, rosewood (our aroma of the week), cedarwood with musk and vanilla notes in there, slowly emerging and coming to the fore - just!

I think I like this one!  I'm not usually the biggest fan of floral perfumes but this makes me feel like a lady - just!  

No comments: