Thursday 27 October 2016

Live in Love by Oscar de la Renta



It's Perfume Thursday and this week we have been wearing Live in Love by Oscar de la Renta.

With the name of ‘Live in Love’ we expected this perfume to be ramped up with flowers, deep heavy hedonistic florals.

Hands up, I admit we were wrong!

Florals there are - an abundance of them (jasmine, rose, lily of the valley, hyacinth and orchid) - but it is freshly cut flower stems (courtesy of the galbanum) that gives this perfume it’s crisp green kick.

The woody dry down (cedar and sandalwood with amber and musk) give this scent a forest glade style finish leaving me with a familiar scent of damp florist shops floating around my olfactory senses.

I feel slightly cheated since bergamot is our smell of the week and I chose the perfume on the back of that (I am a huge fan of bergamot), but the green bracken-like galbanum prevents bergamot from getting a look in. No fleeting hint or teasing waft of bergamot for me today.

Do I like the perfume? Hmmmmm, I’m not sure. It’s pleasant but not breath-takingly beautiful. It’s agreeable but not head-turningly stunning. It’s wearable but not loud-gaspingly fabulous.

And I’m not sulking about the non-appearance of the bergamot, I promise!

No comments: