Tuesday 30 August 2016

Noix de Tubereuse by Miller Harris


Today I am wearing Noix de Tubereuse by Miller Harris. Created in 2003, the nose behind this oriental floral is Lynn Harris.

The average price is £65 and described on their website as 'Mysterious, bold and glamorous'.

This first review has proved to be a challenge as I have struggled to compliment the fragrance (who am I to criticise when the perfumer has put her heart and soul into creating it). However, I found this to be very much a 'marmite' perfume and I think many people would agree with me! The opening top notes of mimosa and violet (with the violet being the most identifiable of the two) reminds me of sweet plastic.

The middle notes of tuberose and clover come through fairly quickly. The tuberose never disappears but fades away occasionally to allow the lovely spiciness of the clover to surface.

The dry down eventually appears some 2 hours later and is surprisingly good, a very appealing blend of tonka bean, orris and amber. It's just a shame that it takes such a long time to get there. I really don't know who would want to wear this perfume (Hinge & Brackett spring to mind) - the tuberose dominates and being heavy and sweet almost instigates a headache.

One bonus for those who adore this heady aroma is that the perfume is economical as one spray lasts for hours! Some reviews claim that it has an aphrodisiac quality - 'Am I missing something here?' So I asked my husband for his opinion 'Toilets..... hotel toilets...... posh hotel toilets....' I won't wear it to bed then.....


No comments: