Tuesday 17 May 2016

Selfie by Olfactive Studio



Today I am wearing Selfie by Olfactive Studio.

Bursting in with a fresh, crisp opening, Selfie reminds me of something I can’t quite put my finger on.  It moves swiftly, the freshness is now sweeter and the crispness has gone.  My wrist is now sweet and resinous and a little fruit cake-ish.

Laced with ginger, cinnamon, anise and hints of elemi which probably accounts for the sharp opening, but oh so soon I have labdanum, oakmoss, angelica, tonka, sandalwood, patchouli and suede making the perfume totally different, it’s as if I have two perfumes to describe rather than one.  If this perfume entered the marathon, it would definitely be in the record books for speed of movement.

Selfie, why Selfie?  Well, it is surprising and you certainly don’t know what you’ve got until you revisit it.  I’m not sure about the name.  Actually to be truthful I’m not sure about the perfume either!


No comments: