Thursday 7 April 2016

Bijou Romantique by Etat Libre D'Orange



This week we have been wearing Bijou Romantique by Etat Libre D'Orange.

It comprises lemon, bergamot, red berries, sage, orris, coconut, vetiver, benzoin, ylang ylang (our aroma of the week) and vanilla.  It also contains soemthing called the Evee molecule which made me smile - all I can think of is Pokemon Evee!

But I spray, I sniff and all I get is a whacking great noseful of vanilla.  Nothing else.  It's a little like Shalimar but I find the vanilla an overpowering aroma in that too.

It isn't a creamy, soft vanilla - this one is more like furniture polish. Quite harsh, overwhelming, intense and challenging.

I’m not up for this challenge today.  I find it nauseatingly strong and too one-dimensional with the vanilla being there every step of the way.

If I could hope that the perfume would change and offer something different in the drydown, I’d persevere.  But it didn’t yesterday, so it is unlikely to today.  Wrist wash time.



No comments: