Monday 1 February 2016

Alahine by Teo Cabanal




Gosh this is a throwback.  I’m giving my grandmother a hug.  I snuggle in, she is very dear to me and even though I don’t know it, I’m capturing the smell of her perfume to summon up in thirty years or so, long after she has sadly left us.

Well here we are, 30 years or so later and it feels like she is in the room.  I’ve no idea what the perfume was that she wore that day, but it can’t have been Alahine since this is a creation born in 2007.

A rich floriental perfume laced heavily with ylang ylang, lavender,  jasmine, rose, iris, labdanum, patchouli, vanilla, benzoin, sandalwood and musk with a smattering of pepper, bergamot and orange.
It is heavy and rich and really typifies the era when perfumes were meant to be noticed.  It is deep, floral and exotic with a mysterious and slightly musky edge to it. 

I’m not sure I’d wear it often, just on special occasions.  But the occasion of happy memories with my grandmother have made this occasion very very special indeed.


No comments: