Monday 3 August 2015

The Perphone from Galimard






The Perphone from Galimard

We have been having fun testing a new concept – a perfume atomiser integrated into an iPhone cover.  Perfume on tap whenever you need it, straight from your phone.

Supplied in the form of a rigid iPhone cover with four snap-in cartridges, we received two boxes – black cover with cartridges full of men’s scents and white cover with four more cartridges containing more feminine scents.

The initial installation is simple – click the cover onto your iPhone and click your chosen scent cartridge into a gap in the cover.  To release the perfume, you need to rotate the snap-in cartridge 180o.  It then protrudes slightly enabling the top of the cartridge to be pressed down releasing a spray of the perfume.  It’s easy, quick and such a simple idea.

It isn’t any bigger than a regular iPhone case and certainly a lot smaller than the bottle of perfume I usually carry around in my handbag.

Everyone I showed it to agreed it was a useful gadget and that if readily available they’d consider purchasing one.

Suggestions for design improvements included –

  • make the cartridge hold more (the capacity at present is 3ml),
  • make the cartridges available empty so you can fill them with your choice of perfume (although we enjoyed Brindille, Cantabell, Journal Intime and Songeries, the wonderful feminine scents supplied by Gallimard)it would be even more appealing if you could decant your current favourite into a cartridge
  • join forces with some of the large perfume houses so cartridges full of their perfumes could be available too


I love the idea of combining two of the things that I pretty much always take with me in my handbag. perfume and my phone.  There have been occasions when I’ve forgotten my perfume and had heart palpitations when I realised.

Having perfume as part of my phone is ideal – all I need now is to attach a lipstick too!

No comments: