Monday 1 June 2015

Last week I wore...


A quick snapshot of the perfumes I wore last week...

Monday 25th May - Today I am wearing Jubilation 25 for Women by Amouage.
Sparkling and exciting and almost a little fizzy, this is a delightfully bright perfume that should appeal to bright, sparkling women of all ages.
It opens with lemon and tarragon giving it a slightly sour and spicy note . Then a rush of flowers, glorious flowers, followed with a slug of patchouli, musk, frankincense, myrrh, vetiver and amber making it a very bottom heavy scent.
It’s a juxtaposition of naughty and nice, sour and sweet, from harsh and gentle.
It’s wonderful. It makes me feel jubilant.

Tuesday 26th May - Today I am wearing Eau Dynamisante by Clarins.
It’s clean, fresh and wholesome. It’s sunny, bright and happy.
With notes of coriander, rosemary, caraway, cardamon, thyme, orange, lemon, petitgrain, ginseng, white tea and patchouli, it is herbaceous with a zesty layer. The patchouli doesn’t taint the perfume at all and I assume it’s job is to give the pefume longevity.
Sadly it doesn’t. This one lasted about half an hour on my skin, a little longer on my clothes. It’s great for a quick spritz when you get out of the shower, but you’d need to put on another squirt or a different perfume when you leave the house.

Wednesday 27th May - Today I am wearing Eau Dynamisante by Clarins.
It’s clean, fresh and wholesome. It’s sunny, bright and happy.
With notes of coriander, rosemary, caraway, cardamon, thyme, orange, lemon, petitgrain, ginseng, white tea and patchouli, it is herbaceous with a zesty layer. The patchouli doesn’t taint the perfume at all and I assume it’s job is to give the pefume longevity.
Sadly it doesn’t. This one lasted about half an hour on my skin, a little longer on my clothes. It’s great for a quick spritz when you get out of the shower, but you’d need to put on another squirt or a different perfume when you leave the house.

Saturday 30th May ...Today I am wearing Blood Oranges by Shay & Blue.
When I went to the Shay & Blue boutique I kept picking this bottle up but putting it back thinking that whilst I loved the aroma, I wasn’t sure that I wanted to smell of blood oranges. But its magic had already bewitched me and although I chose another Shay & Blue perfume I found myself slipping a bottle of Blood Oranges into my basket too.
Underpinned with leather, cedarwood and musk, this juice is still as fresh, zesty and succulent as you would expect but with surprising longevity for a citrus perfume. It also has a squeeze of amber – but the overall effect is definitely one of blood oranges, remarkably so. It makes my mouth water.
It is a happy, uplifting perfume and I receive positive comments whenever I wear it.
Shay & Blue is the brainchild of Dom De Vetta who set it up after relinquishing his post of Global General Manager at Jo Malone. Prior to that he was Senior Vice President of Chanel so he has more than sufficient credentials to know exactly what he is doing.
Shay & Blue are now also found at John Lewis and Marks & Spencer as well as at their beautiful blue London boutique and larger London department stores. I think we will see and smell a lot more of them – watch this space.

Sunday 31st May - Today I am wearing the perfume designed by Anne Flipo for the IFF speed-smelling event. Remember that the perfumer had an unlimited budget and could choose any raw materials to include in their masterpieces.
Her inspiration behind the perfume is the bee and the travels it takes during a normal day. She imagined sipping the stamen’s honeyed nectar before flying off to pollinate the bushes.
Italian broom with its exquisite yellow flowers (broom absolute) to the most stunning beeswax absolute (oh how I yearn to find an affordable source for this). Also included in the blend are absolutes of orange blossom and rum.
The overall effect is identical to the aroma I get when I left the lid off my beehives and take out the frames of honey. A wonderful, powerful mix of flowers, wood, pollen, honey, nectar, excitement, awe and wonder at the bees ability to live communally, work so hard and produce bounty from Mother Nature’s gifts.
The perfume is beautiful, a true love potion and intoxicating blend of all things good and wholesome in the garden.
Well done Anne. Great job. Please make it available commercially.
Anne is also the nose behind Acqua di Gioia (Giorgio Armani), La Vie Est Belle (Lancome), Invictus, Lady Million and Lady Million Eau My Gold! (Paco Rabanne) to name just a very few.

No comments: