Thursday 9 October 2014

Perfume Thursday: Fetish by Roja Dove





So the day has arrived where the entire Plush Folly team are wearing Roja Dove’s Fetish.  I’ve owned this perfume for a while now and held it back from being our perfume of the week since I wasn’t sure I wanted to share it, just keep it all to myself!

However a rush of generosity overwhelmed me and this week Fetish is wafting around the office and is being enjoyed by us all.

Initially the aroma is knock-your-socks-off strong although this fades to perfectly manageable levels.  I like a perfume that I can smell when I wear it but far too many fade into oblivion after an hour or so.  Not so Mr Dove’s Fetish – I enjoyed this long after leaving the office as it followed me home and also happily followed me to bed.

The perfume is powerfully feminine.  Not for the faint-hearted and not for the girls - this one is a voluptuous, real woman's perfume. It reminds me of a slightly tarty burlesque-loving singleton aunt of mine who used to come and stay with us when I was a child.  I loved her dearly, loved her outrageous flirty behaviour, loved her bright red lipstick and high heels.  I wanted to be like her and dance like her and smell like her, but my mother always had a slight disapproving air when she was with us so I could never confess.

Although loaded with flowers (rose, jasmine, tuberose and ylang ylang), the perfume has a desirable dirty leather-woody edge to it courtesy of the castoreum (our aroma of the week), musk and vetiver elements.  It would sit beautifully in a cabaret dressing room with the powder, lipstick and other heady perfumes of the dancers, bringing an edge of cigarette smoke and leather to the mix. 

The perfume is daring, bold, beautiful and extremely sexy.  I feel like a bad, bad woman that has more fun than the good, good girls when I wear it.  Fetish is the perfect name.  From the sparkling Swarovski cabochon lid, to the dark purple lined box and the free furry handcuffs and leather whip, this perfume has it all.  Ok, I lied about the free handcuffs and leather whip, but you get where I'm going with this.......

Someone joked recently that they would happily move to a trailer park if it meant they could spend their salary on Roja Dove’s perfumes.  I’m with them on that.  I hanker, absolutely hanker, after a bottle of ‘Roja’ but at over £2k a bottle, I’d probably need to live in a tent whilst I save up and winter is coming…

So I’ll happily take my bottle of Fetish back home with me (if the girls at Plush Folly let me) and enjoy wrapping myself up in that.  After all, at only £345 for 50ml parfum, it’s a bargain in comparison.  And in my opinion, well worth the spend.  

Try it and let us know what you think.


1 comment:

Chichi said...

OMG that sounds divine, now I reaaaally want to try it! Hefty price tag but if it's as long lasting and as fab as you say .... hmmm...I'd best get really saving lol x x